GOGETMEIT LTD ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting GOGETMEIT.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any replacement legislation, and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (the Act), the data controller is GOGETMEIT LTD of Liverpool Science park, Mount Pleasant, innovation suite, L3 5TF.
The service that is provided by gogetmeit is based on the information provided by our users, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to provide accurate description of the project/task at hand so that gogetmeit may invite the relevant parties to provide a quote or remedial action for the request.
Although every effort is made to ensure tradesmen suppliers and companies listed on gogetmeit.com are legitimate, reputable and have appropriate qualifications, membership to and/or approval of trade related bodies, organisations and associations we cannot be held responsible for any work carried out or goods supplied nor do we control or are held responsible for prices of such services, products and goods, availability, competency, suitability of tradesmen, companies and suppliers listed on or linking to gogetmeit.com.
Using the service we cannot warrant or accept liability that the service will be free from virus or any other malicious code, which may lead to loss or damage. The service is used at your own risk, and therefore we recommend that your virus protection and firewall rules are kept up to date as per the latest manufacturer releases.We cannot warrant or accept any responsibility for that the service
Use of the Services
As a user of the site it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you supply for the job is accurate and that you are entitled to use all materials used to describe the job.
For on-demand live bookings it is your responsibility to confirm the tradesperson's details, including insurance, qualifications and identification DBS checks where necessary. We do not guarantee any specific Trade Business information, accreditation, or registration.
For quote/install requests it is your responsibility to confirm the tradesperson's details, including insurance, qualifications, identification DBS checks where necessary. We do not guarantee any specific Trade Business information, accreditation, or registration.
We will not be part of any contract that you undertake with the trader and gogetmeit solely acts as a referral service for the traders and customers. we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that results from any dealings between you and any Trade Business including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential or inconsequential loss of any kind.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site GOGETMEIT.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, post jobs on our site, provide feedback in respect of any tradespeople you engage to carry out any work and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from the jobs you post and to provide you with any information that you request from us. This will involve us passing on your information to potential tradespeople to enable them to contact you to provide you with quotes;
- to provide you with information about our service and support, relating to but not limited, to posting jobs on the Site.
- to provide you with information from third parties about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services and only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please either email us or amend your account settings once you have registered with our site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We will not sell or share your information outside of the services of gogetmeit. You are granting us a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for our use of your personal data will generally be one or more of the following:
- we need to process your personal data to meet our contractual obligations to you
- we need to process your personal data for the legitimate interest relating to the provision of our service to you and the other users such as tradespeople
- processing is necessary for legal reasons, such as tax reporting and fraud prevention
- we process your personal data because you have consented to us passing your information to one of our partners or third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GOGETMEIT LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GOGETMEIT LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Right to rectify mistakes
Information given to us can be checked and updated at any time from within your GOGETMEIT LTD account. The information we hold about you can be requested by contacting us directly. We reserve the right to request proof of ID before disclosing personal information that has been requested.
Prevention of Processing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by amending your account settings once you have registered with our site. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at using the contact us form available on the website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Object or restrict processing
Requests relating to objections or restrictions to processing of your personal information should be directed to us via the contact form on our website. If you have an objection to processing for the purposes of direct marketing you can modify your preferences within your account or by contacting us and your request will be processed with the minimum of delay.
Retention period of personal information
We will hold your personal information whilst we continuing to provide services to you and following the termination of our contractual relationship for any period we are required to do so by any applicable legislation. Additionally, we will continue to hold much of your personal information as is necessary and proportionate to fulfill our legitimate interests.